This last week I have been finishing off the roof flashing. I spent time cutting up gal steel off cuts left over from the construction phase of the project. I have pieces of corner section, ridge capping etc. I cut them into narrow strips and then folded them into the pieces that I needed for each specific place.After the brickies finished the walls, there was a gap between the steel shed and the new brick veneer wall that needed to be covered.
In one spot on the wall where the corner meets the verandah. I had to cut and fold a special section that is folded in 5 different directions.
That was a very satisfying little job. I’m pleased that it worked out well. I have no idea how much that would have cost me to get a plumber to do these jobs. But it wouldn’t be cheap.
I also needed to cover the electrical conduit brnging the power into the workshop.
This conduit needed to be protected from sunlight, but also mechanical damage.
I have finally finished the capping on the roof between the new brickwork and the steel shed.
All done, now back to the acid cleaning of the brickwork. I had to finish the steel capping before I could afford to pull down the scaffolding. Without the scaffolding, I wouldn’t be able to reach the central capping safely. Every job has to be done in its own specific sequence.
I’ll be pleased to remove the scaffold, so that I can finally see the arched wall and window in its complete form.
You must be logged in to post a comment.